Fa’ael is a training workshop on cultural project design and management at difficult times. It aims to train cultural actors who live and work in communities going through difficult circumstances due to war, displacement, extreme poverty and social exclusion by providing them with administrative and planning tools that enable them to design and manage influential cultural projects that meet the needs of their communities.
The training includes the following topics: community definition, community needs assessment tools, community participation, cultural project design, cultural project planning and management, measuring impact and sustainability.
This program has two main components: a training workshop for cultural managers working in communities in crisis across the Arab region, and an in-depth mentorship program for 3-5 of these projects, with additional in –kind support and technical assistant.
- The first Fa’ael workshop took place from 25 till 30 September 2017 in Broumana, Lebanon and it was led by Basma ELHusseiny and Abdullah AlKKafri as lead trainers and Seif Jlassi as assistant trainer. 24 Cultural Actors took part in this workshop from Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia and Yemen.
- The second Fa’ael workshop took place from 24 till 30 September 2017 in Broumana, Lebanon and it was led by Basma ELHusseiny and Abdullah AlKKafri as lead trainers and Seif Jlassi as assistant trainer. 21 Cultural Actors took part in this workshop from Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Morocco, Palestine, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen, Libya and Mauritania.
- For the first time the call for Fa’ael mentorship was open to Fa’ael 2017 participants. The call for applications was issued on 5 June 2018 with a deadline on 3 August 2018. We received 7 applications.
- 3 applicants were selected to benefit from the mentorship package:
- Douzan Cultural Center, by Rami Magharbeh from Syria – Gaziantep – Turkey.
- Training program on making musical instruments using recycled objects by Shadi Rabab from Egypt- Luxor – Egypt.
- Mashtal Zad theater training, by Mohamed Ali Hozayen from Egypt- Cairo – Egypt.